Monday 19 September 2011

Research Interests

As an international student come from China, I really want to do some research which can help English education development in my home coumtry. Before I came to Canada, I  wanted to come back to China after my graduation and teach English as a second language. But now I realize that I can use what I am learning here to help the English teachers in China which may get a better effect.

Now, I want to do some research on game-based learning in the program of TESL. I believe the traditional English teaching mode is no longer the most effective way for students to learn a second language. In my opinion, students need to be involved in the teaching and learning process and become a part of the process and become a part of the process. Then they will find out that they are gaining knowledge by themselves but not being pushed by the educators. In this way, in order to achieve this goal, I believe introducing game-based learing to TESL is important and necessary.

Game-based learning is much more entertaining and it can offer a more relexed and natural atmosphere of the class. Additionally, I want to do  some research on what kind of role games play in the teaching and learning process and how games influence the effect of the class. As we all know, students' interests play an significant role in knowledge absorption and understanding. And I consider the main advantage of game-based learning is that it can grab the students' attention and make the course interesting. So I believe the effect will be positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment